Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 21: Nuremberg

Hallo again!  After a train ride from Munich this morning, we spent a few hours in Nuremberg just walking around town.  I think the city probably has a lot to offer, especially in history, but we didn't do any tours.  We started out by heading inside the city wall and walked through the town to the castle.  The tours there were unfortunately in German so we decided to just walk around a bit more, peruse the markets, and see what there was to see before heading back to the station to grab our bags and work on our essays.  I wish I had known more about the city before we arrived but it was incredibly beautiful!  I don't know if the buildings are original or not because I don't even know if Nuremberg was damaged in WWII--I just know the trials took place here.  I took quite a few pictures but I've only posted the few that I can actually say something about.  As a mater of fact with each city we go to I feel dumber and dumber because I realize how much history there is to learn and how much I simply don't know about Germany.  I think the only thing I am certain of now is that I will have to come back to Bavaria!

We took a bus ride (about 3 hours) to Prague and met a nice guy named Ludwig (Matsci PhD student in Nuremberg) when we got off.  His hostel was near ours so we walked with him for most of the way.  Tomorrow we'll explore Prague and then head off for Dresden the day after ending in Berlin.  Only 9 more days!  Czech back tomorrow for more! : )

The river!  So quaint.

There are four of these towers along the city wall.  These buildings are a part of the castle area.

The market was awesome!  We finally learned what Spargle was.  Naturally they had a lot of wurst, cheese, and fruits.  For lunch we had Bretzels (mine with brie on it!).  Love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment