Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hockey

University College London Union Women's Hockey Club First Eleven

Being a part of the hockey team at UCL has probably been the best part of my year in London.  I enjoy everything I do here but this group was so fun to hang around that I couldn't imagine my year without them.  They were an incredibly talented group on the field and I can't begin to explain how welcoming and friendly they were.  Without them, an overseas Thanksgiving would not have been possible and I'd have probably walked around London talking about my pants and saying "oh my gosh" wrong.  I won't soon forget the many memories from this team!

Although we lost in the semi-final round of the BUCS Cup (to Imperial... in over time... weep) we still managed to win the league and were promoted up a league for next year (although I won't be here of course).  I think we ended the season with a 16-2-3 record.  Here are a few photos from throughout the year which also may have cropped up in other previous posts.

Some wonderful sports nights outfits including army Lemsip and (let's be real) Paulie Bleaker Boho.

Cleasby working the wanker dress and Priya doing makeup for some guy at the club pub.

Halloween Training (1s, 2s and 3s)

Hannah laughing at Campos

Hertfordshire Away Match

Left: Everyone had to awkwardly change at the tube station before the Imperial match so Beth got clever with her jumpers (sweatshirts).
Right: Lil' Soph at a team dinner.

Cleasby and Hannah
Not really sure what else to say about this one I just think it's hilarious.

(Some of) the 1s at the end of season curry dinner at Taste of Asia.

Boho giving Newton her stamp of approval (it's a facebook "Like" stamp).

Newts and Bella (attempting to avoid the camera)

Boho "liked" me and Priya!

Thanks for reading!  --Team USA / Team UShea

No comments:

Post a Comment