Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sailing Camp

Washington Sailing Marina

Sunfish (beginner boats) with Washington Monument and Capitol building in the distance and Reagan National Airport directly across the lagoon.

Week 1, Hobies: It's my 6th summer at camp and I'm glad to be back.

Week 2, Hobies: A crazy storm passed crap our way and we ended up with three dead fish among other novelties.

So much crap.  In the background is an Aquafin (like a Sunfish) sailing with a Hobie on the left side of the dock and the racing boats (Georgetown's 420s/FJs that we borrow) on the right side of the dock.

Week 3, Windsurfing: Living the dream.

Week 4, Hobies:  For the Friday BBQ Alex and I decided to grill sweet potatoes--they were delicious.  I don't honestly feel like explaining the rest of this photo... I'll just leave it up to your imagination.


Week 5, Hobies: I took Thursday and Friday off this past week to hang out with Brendan Maxon who flew in for the U2 concert and we took out a Scot in the afternoon.

 Brendan

Cruisin on a Flying Scot.

Some fellow instructors at camp pulled this picnic table out of the river on Friday.  Must have been left over from the crazy storm on Wednesday?  Apparently it came from Arlington.

Week 6, Windsurfing:  So hot.  I saw a great photo posted on facebook of someone trying to bake cookies under the windshield of their car--why didn't I think of that???
Week 7, Hobies: Literally did one tack on Hobies on Monday because there were nonstop thunderstorms.  Good times.  Also, it's Griffin's last week ever (so sad).  Can you say dolphin striker riding? : ) 

       Styling Griffin's Sun Glasses                                 Hard at Work                  

Week 8, Sunfish: Drove sunfish powerboat. I've also been on tow team for a while and some how a mooring buoy ended up at the docks.  I wonder who did that...

Week 9, Windsurfing: My last week!
Whatchu know bout tacking?



No comments:

Post a Comment